Frequently Asked Questions

What happens to my financial aid if I am convicted of a drug offense?

A drug conviction can interfere with your financial aid, though this is a question best answered by contacting your school's financial aid office and by consulting the FAFSA application itself. For more information please visit the FAFSA website.

Will I lose my license if I am convicted of a drug offense?

Yes. Iowa does impose a six month suspension on your driver's license of you are convicted of a drug offense. This suspension will not go into effect until any existing sanctions are complete.

To speak with an experienced lawyer, call 319-887-6900 or email J. Dean Keegan, Eric D. Tindal & Andrea Mason Attorneys At Law to schedule your free initial consultation. Our offices in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover, and American Express.